Yeah, About Your Skin!

I'm feeling good about today's topic Let's Chat shall We!
 
Growing up, in my household my mother would always slather me and my brother down with Vaseline, or Cocoa Butter!  Come on now, I  know some of you can identify with me! Before school my mom made sure our legs, knees and especially our face had lotion or grease on them. (LOL). I knew that she didn't want our skin to look ashy (Lol) but she also knew that our skin was precious.
 
But, the rules haven't changed for me.  As a adult your skin can change. So the question is what can I do to help keep my facial skin protected, healthy and clean?
 
Lets remember that there are four general skin types, oily, dry, normal and combination skin. Now, in my opinion whatever your skin type is its necessary that your skin is cleansed daily, both morning and in the evening, using the best cleanser for you. I personally do this as much as possible, as my facial skin is sensitive, (and my skin type is usually dry) and like many of us your skin exposed to dirt daily.
 
Another, great tip is to find a moisturizer. Moisturizers applied immediately after you cleanse your facial skin keeps your face from becoming dry. Have you ever, taken longer than normal to apply your facial cream to your face, and it became really dry, and it felt a bit stiff? It's really not the best feeling in the world (Haha). I would recommend applying a good moisturizer, that nourishes and replenishes your skin. Your skin will then feel smooth, and refreshed, I promise! 
 
What's also really cool is that now there are moisturizers that have levels of SPF in it. We tend to use SPF products during the summer season, but the sun shines all year round, and most of those products are made to shield you from the sun but does not really moisturize your skin. What better way to have both healthy and protected skin right?!!

There are a few foundations that also have levels of SPF in them as well. You'll look even more beautiful and have protection from the kisses of the sun! And of course one of my favorite beauty products that can help with this is E.L.F. Cosmetics. Check out their Tinted Moisturizer Foundation.



Below are a few products that I've actually used in the past and most recently that moisturize your skin and has SPF in them.




 
Next, is A traditional method but effective one, which is my all time favorite. WATER!! Yay!! Ladies, Drink plenty of water. I've been sticking with this remedy for healthier skin for many years. Water will keep your body hydrated and beautify your skin. Who doesn't like water?? 
 


 
What we should remember most importantly is to do what works best for you! These tips are my personal beauty choices and I hope you'll give them a try for at least 1 week. Share with me your experience and if you see change! Until next time, Stay true and Beautiful Inside and Out.
 
 
-Imani's Beauty Forecast 

Comments

Popular Posts