ELF On-The-Go Palette- Review

Hi lovelies!

I haven't provided you all with a product review on my blog page in a while, so I'm looking forward to this one today. I'm finally going to do a review on a recent online  purchase of mine  from E.L.F. Cosmetics. Its the 22 Piece On-The-Go Palette. As you can see in the photo below this cute little contraption comes with the basic necessities if you're always on the go.

First, let me start off by saying that I truly appreciate how ELF created this palette and how easy it is to fit into the side or inside pockets of my Purse. Very compact. This On-The-Go palette contains, 10 eyeshadows, 5 lip glosses, 3 blushes, 1 mini mascara, 1 lip brush, 1 face brush and 1 dual ended eyeshadow applicator and includes a mirror. Now with any brand where eyeshadow compacts or blush palettes are concerned, I've never placed any confidence in the applicators that came with the product. In my opinion they just don't quite do the job, it also seems to be a bit challenging to get enough product onto the brushes/applicators.

Eyeshadows
The eyeshodow palettes are powder Palettes. Although very pretty at first sight they are not very pigmented. From left to right you can see the color palette begins with your typical neutral tone colors (which are buildable). With my first use of the top row of shadows, I find that It takes a few applications to actually see the brown and neutral tones on the eyelids. However, the bluish/purple shadow on the end; after two applications helped with a nice and soft smokey eye (in which I used my own brushes). The second row of color shadows produced the same results, very light in appearance and are not very pigmented. Yet again once applied a few times (with the right brush) you're able to see more color. One thing I noticed about the product over all is that the name of each color wasn't indicated anywhere on the packaging. If there is a color I like I would have liked to be able to identify that color in my next purchase, wouldn't you? Overall the Eye shadow Palettes are "ok".

Lip Glosses:
 Now I must admit the 5 Lip Glosses in this On-The-Go Case is really good. Its ELF's moisturizing  tinted lip gloss, at least that's how it felt when applied. The color choice seemed to be (in my opinion) a berry, soft pink, deep moca, plum and very sheer lip color. All of the glosses appeared very glossy and sheer. After more than two applications you could begin to see more color. I've actually combined the berry and light pink colored glosses to add more color to my lips.. I wouldn't, however, recommend using the lip brush that came with it, I found that when used the bristles came off with it. So I would suggest ELF improve the applicator.

Blushes:
The Blushes in this cute Palette are very pretty, although I probably wont be using two out of the three, due to my lighter skin tone, I really believe the auburn colored blush in the center definitely works well for me.  I actually used the blush brush that came with it, and it worked okay. The auburn blush is truly pigmented and is a very vibrant color that would work for any skin tone.

I overall give this ELF On-The-Go-Palette a rating of 3 1/2 Stars only because of the eyeshadow palettes were not really pigmented and the applicators provided weren't the best. The Mascara that was also included sufficed, for it's size. I did liked it's brush, and it was easy to apply to my lashes.


I believe this product is definitely a great start to something even greater, if ELF decides to perfect this Mini On-The-Go Palette. It really can be great for beauties who does not wear lot of make-up. This is a great essential to have if you're always On-The-Go! LOL!!


Give this Cute Palette a try, and let me know what you think. Thanks for Stopping by!


Remember, Stay Beautiful, Stay True, God Bless You! :-)  


The Budget Beauty! xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts