Let's Keep The Momentum, Shall We!


Hello Beauties!

In today's Blog I would like to talk about some beauty concerns. To elaborate a little, I basically want to shine some light on a few areas and how we should pay attention to the  beauty products we use day to day. such as our hair products, skin care products, make-up essentials and tools. A lot of times if we are not consistent and careful with the hygiene aspect of our beauty tools we can end up doing harm to ourselves without realizing it. 

It sadden me to learn that certain habits or acts of kindness and simple innocent acts, can have ladies like you and me can lead us into unfortunate circumstances. As much as I love using and trying out different products and  sharing my new finds, and my first impressions with you all, I have to be mindful of what ingredients are in the products I use. Take the time to learn what my skin and overall body may or may not be allergic to. Sanitize my beauty tools, daily. I know, I know, "aint no body got time for that", which is what I could hear myself saying, if someone reminded me to stop and read labels and what not, but I promise you it's necessary.

We shouldn't lose momentum when it comes to caring for the tools we use to beautify ourselves every day. Come on let's be honest, raise your hand if you faithfully give your make-up brushes a bath each week? After a month or two do you continue to use the same mascara or eye pencil, or lipsticks? What about nail polish? Come on now, tell the truth, be honest with yourself! What about old lotion, that bottle of lotion has been sitting on your vanity for almost a year, however, the bottle is sitting and waiting to be used. LOL.... I recently read InStyle Magazine that mascara should be thrown away after three months. How long have you had your mascara? I know I'm guilty of holding on to a favorite mascara of mine longer than I should. To be quite honest, I don't do this on purpose. Sure, I can easily go pick up another one, but you ladies know me, I'm all about being "coin conscious" I'll scrape, and wiggle and shake before I feel the need to pick up another. But if there's a sale I'll tend to buy two at the same time, to keep my inventory stocked! But again, how long is too long? Let's talk about Lipsticks and Nail polish, two of my favorite essentials, if you see that these items have changed color or looks weird chances are you've had them too long and you need to throw them away!  I know it's your favorite, but you have to use the wisdom I know God gave you ladies.  How often do you clean your makeup brushes, do you share them with others? More of a reason to thoroughly clean your beauty tools.

I read an article where a young woman in Australia became paralyzed after using a dirty makeup brush. This bacteria was a  deadly form of a staph infection known as MRSA after she borrowed a friend's makeup brush to hide a pimple. When the infection spread to her spine, the young woman shrugged off the pain, believing it to be caused by bad posture. However, she soon hurt so much that she couldn't get out of bed. "I rate the pain worse than childbirth," she told Warwick Daily News. "I literally thought I was going to die." Doctors struggled to diagnose the young woman as she began losing all sensation in her body. "They told me if it went up my arms and chest I would have to learn to breathe again," she said. She soon learned she had MRSA. This young woman is now confined to a Wheelchair, however, she is staying optimistic and hoping to prove the doctors wrong about her condition.  Sorry didn't mean to freak you out about this, but I found it so odd that something like this actually happened to this woman,  from just borrowing a friend's makeup brush...REALLY???

This article was a reality check for me, so many times I find myself being thoughtful and nice, by allowing certain friends and family to use my beauty tools and other essentials, but after  learning of this, it's made me more beauty hygiene conscious, how about you?

There are a few more cases similar to this and some that are not as life changing, yet still  serious! I recently had a woman I know share with me that a friend of hers had a terrible allergic reaction to a chemical that was mixed in her hair color treatment. I couldn't believe it, as I had just recently had a hair color treatment. She explained the unfortunate situation and finally showed me a photo, I was lost for words! I couldn't believe how a hair dye gave this woman an allergic reaction and how it affected her physically. I researched a bit after hearing about this unfortunate news, and learned that something similar happened to a female celebrity and the outcome was almost exactly the same as the friend of mine. Reactions like my friend are caused by a molecule called p-phenylenediamine (PPDA or pPD) that's found in most dark (brown, black, etc.) hair dyes. You can also find the molecule in other dark-colored cosmetics and tattoos. You may not know you're allergic right away (says Allure Magazine).  Talk with your doctor about these things, so that you can continue shopping and having fun with the products you love and enjoy.

Now, after doing some digging, I found some pretty helpful guidelines, which I want to share with you as to how long you should hold on to some of your favorite Beauty products before throwing them away..

 

So Beauties, I pray this blog was informative and helpful to you! please Let's keep the Momentum and take time to do what's necessary to stay beautiful for safe.  Be on the look out on for my next blog where I plan to discuss great ways to clean and maintain strong Makeup Brushes!

Until Next Time!

-Imani's Beauty Forecast


Comments

Popular Posts